Delhi Police Arrest Three, Including Juvenile, in Krishna Nagar Cab Driver Murder Case
Delhi Police have arrested three people, including a juvenile, in connection with the murder of a 40-year-old cab driver in East Delhi's Krishna Nagar. Investigators believe the victim was targeted during a robbery, while the search for a fourth accused is still underway.
New Delhi, July 27: Delhi Police have cracked the murder case of a cab driver whose body was found inside his vehicle in East Delhi's Krishna Nagar earlier this week. Three accused, including a 17-year-old juvenile, have been arrested, while police teams are continuing their search for a fourth suspect believed to be involved in the crime.
The victim, identified as 40-year-old Vijay Kumar from West Vinod Nagar, was working as a cab driver when he allegedly became the target of a robbery. Police said they received information about a man lying injured inside a vehicle near Chitra Vihar. He was immediately taken to Dr. Hedgewar Hospital, but doctors declared him dead on arrival. Investigators later confirmed that he had suffered multiple stab injuries.
According to the police investigation, the accused allegedly planned to rob a cab driver to obtain cash. One of them booked a ride, and the group boarded the vehicle together. During the journey, an argument reportedly broke out before the driver was attacked with a sharp weapon. After the incident, the accused fled with the cab and later abandoned it near East Azad Nagar Metro Station to avoid being identified.
The breakthrough came after investigators examined CCTV footage from nearby roads, tracked mobile phone locations and analysed technical evidence collected from the crime scene. These leads helped police identify the suspects and conduct raids in New Seelampur, where two adults and one juvenile were taken into custody.
Police have also recovered the vehicle, the alleged murder weapon, blood-stained clothes and mobile phones believed to have been used during the crime. Officials said the evidence will play an important role in the ongoing investigation.
The fourth accused has been identified, and teams are carrying out raids to locate and arrest him. Police said further investigation is underway to establish the complete sequence of events and determine the role of each accused.
The incident has once again raised concerns about the safety of commercial drivers in the national capital, particularly those working late-night shifts. Cab drivers' associations have urged authorities to strengthen safety measures and improve emergency response systems for drivers on duty.
As the investigation continues, Delhi Police have assured that all those involved in the murder will be brought to justice.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
1
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Sad
0
Angry
0
Comments (0)